Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Yesterday I was just sitting here... and it hit me. It's 2011. I know, I'm weird, don't judge me. I've never really had any real "new year's resolutions" though... So I'm wondering how popular it is for people to actually make these things? Ehh I guess I'll make one this year though (why not?); I want to procrastinate procrastination and get stuff done when it needs to be done. Scratch that last part... I do always get things in on time, I just tend to wait till the last minute. Either way, I should probably get to shniz before the night before it's due. I have noticed though that this blog is doing good things for my procrastination issues... Whenever I'm getting off topic, I just come on here; I feel like it's definitely going to have a good long-term impact on my writing skills.

So comment questions of the day: what's your new year's resolution? Or do you not really get into that like me? Oh and does anyone else feel your blog's doing good for your writing skills?


If we're doing something that needs to be changed, why do we wait until January 1st to do so..?

11 comments:

  1. In the words of the immortal tay zonday, "I don't need a special day to make a change. Everyday is the day I change for the better, every day is my Sabbath"

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post :)


    followin you

    visit my place: www.yourchilltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit smoking till the next morning, My new resolution is to never quit smoking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, probably get a better paying job. I'd say workout more, but I know it's not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!

    Anyways, cool blog, I'll follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told myself that I was going to save my money and not be so ruthless with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I refuse to do New Years resolutions because they're typically things you should be doing anyway--don't eat like a slob, work out, be a nice person, etc.

    As for writing a blog, yes, I'd have to say that blogging even 3 times a week has helped my writing immensely. It doesn't matter what you're writing, as long as you're writing as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I never do resolutions. I do have goals that I generally try to achieve throughout the year though.

    I definitely feel blogging has helped with my writing a little. Mainly because I usually don't write much at all since I haven't had much reason to since I've finished school.

    Following your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete