Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dreaming

Yes, actual dreaming. I'm not talking about dreaming of the day I finally finish with university and med school and become a doctor, I'm talking about that weird dream I had last night where I got up, took a shower, just to realize that I was indeed only dreaming (which, by the way, really annoyed me at the time. You know, going through all that getting ready for the day only to realize it was a dream). You see, lately I've been having a lot of dreams that I actually remember when I wake up, something that usually doesn't happen; it's gotten me really interested in lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming, in case you don't know, is basically dreaming and being aware that you're in a dream. So, for example, you could fly or change what's going on around you in the dream.

Ever since I saw Inception, I've been looking into dreaming more and more. So I want to know... do you lucid dream? Do you even remember your dreams when you wake up? (According to scientists, you *do* have 5-6 dreams each night, you just can't remember them when you wake up). And if so, what got you interested in lucid dreaming in the first place?

Leo would be proud of my dream within a dream.

12 comments:

  1. I do lucid dream sometimes, I even wrote an article on my blog about how to lucid dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about a book but there are a lot of guides out there u can use.

    The technique is very simple don't u can cover a book with it. The hardest part is practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess, but I just can't ever remember what I dreamt about in the morning... well, until lately lol

    and the hypnagogic hallucinations you experience with the WILD method freak me out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dreams are extremely unsettling, all the time

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I don't sleep very much this kinda stuff really creeps me out Caffeine ftw

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried lucid dreaming until I had one of these sleep paralysis. I woke up in the dark, couldn't move and I was faced to my wall, pretty close to hit. The freaky part is that I was feeling someone breathing in my neck and I felt some kind of presence, life is somebody was really creeping just behind me. The worst of it all, it lasted at least thirty long motherfucking seconds before I could turn around. I swear I almost had an heart attack. Even if it sounds amazing, I'd rather not try this again only to avoid one of these sleep paralysis. Some people say they get used to it and that it isn't scary anymore but idk, I might be too coward! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The worst dreams are where you are at work and it still sucks. it's like working overtime for free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that's what's been bothering me with sleeping/keeping me from really trying, the fear of the whole sleep paralysis thing and the hypnagogic hallucinations >.< ...probably a great thing to be reminding myself about right before getting to sleep, eh? xP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucid dreaming is a really interesting topic to read about.. Just like your post! ;D

    Im staying tuned bro

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel the same way, saw that film the other night. now im trying to control my dreams ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a dream about kissing a black girl the other night...one day!

    ReplyDelete