Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Hunting Trip of Sorts

Today... I went hunting. Man, do I feel extra manly.

...Okay, maybe I wasn't actually hunting per say, but I did go mint hunting today. You see, I went to Olive Garden this evening, and it's sort of a tradition of mine to challenge myself and see how many mints I can get. Last time, I finished with 52 mints. But this time... I made out with a whopping 98 mints >:D


All my mints ^_^


The ironic part of it though, is that my waitress only accounted for about 15 of these mints (even when I vividly hinted to her that her tip would be very dependent upon how many mints I got); I got a good 80% of those from another waiter (of course I ask just about every waiter I see for some), who was so kind as to bring me 61 in a to-go box, plus another good handful before that. 

Call me childish but... it's the little things. :3 So how about my fellow bloggers? Any strange traditions with you? Dare I say, MINT HUNTING?! (No one? Never mind...)

25 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, I love people who do weird little things like this, I think its cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have an Olive Garden here but some places have a little candy jar at the register. I never manage more than 2 pieces though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 98 mints?! Jeeze do you think you'll beat that score?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Phil I hope to one day lol

    @HSP yeah same here, but you have to ask them to get the mints for you lol they dont put it out in a jar

    @Mister Sharaf Great feedback, yo :P

    @watchman yeah it's gonna take me like a good month or two to eat it all lmao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love andes mints, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never do enjoy the mints, but I always have tried to sneak a few home anyways. I don't think I will ever come close to your high score though.

    Lovin' the Blog, though! Follow'd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL what a great post, I love those little andes mints too.

    My tradition is kind of stupid I guess, but whenever I go out I try to steal something. Not anything big, but so far I've gotten a Parmesan cheese shaker from round table, a pepper grinder from carinio's and my biggest score was a drink mixer from chilis. I also take various pieces of silverweare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, teach me. I love those little suckers. Something about getting them from Olive Garden makes them taste better than just buying a bag at the store. Isn't that weird?

    We are totally trying this next time we go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when i read the first paragraph, i was under the impression you were going out trying to cop MDMA. haha, guess i was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @A Beer for the Shower I replied on your blog :3

    @Das Auto! yeahhh i dont even know who/what MDMA is lmao

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, that's epic. I can't believe they just handed you a box of mints

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having all that mints should be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next challenge: Eat them all! Nice little ritual :D
    Check out my blog too if you got some spare time http://vegasworldx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say I've done anything that extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the same as Isaac with the stealing things! Small things, granted. So anyway, I love your blog and I created a google account just for you, as you know :3

    Stalk stalk stalk.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, that's kinda a cool thing to do. Enjoy your mints!
    http://carsmoviesandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man I want some now, send some my way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol that sounds like fun. I cant stand mints personally :( more for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great game might have to adopt it next time i'm out lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those things are damn delicious. I envy you bud

    ReplyDelete